Code of Conduct
Polyglit is an international website that wishes to fight stereotypes of other countries. Therefore, we encourage anti-discrimination within our website. Do not hesitate to report a person who is not behaving to code of conduct to your local moderator. If they refuse, you can report to admin.
If you have any questions or have suggestions to these policies for consideration, please use the contact form.
- Please treat each other with respect.
- Questions before judgements are encouraged.
The internet is notorious for having expressions of emotions absent. Sometimes someone understood you wrong or is coming from a different place than you thought they were. Ask politely first to make sure before jumping to conclusions.
- Maturity and intelligence when possible.
Sometimes it's better to walk away than interact. If they continue and start chasing after you, that's harassment. For all else, please do not resort to insults.
- The use of prejudiced slurs towards specific members or directed towards members in general is prohibited, even when self-censored. If referring to a story in discussion which uses these slurs, please self-censor when needed/appropriate. Your local moderator may censor them for you with a note that they did so. Spelled out prejudiced slurs without censoring are allowed only for translation groups as part of group discussion about how to translate a particular word. They are allowed in books and their translations themselves as appropriate.
- Please do not post anything that violates any laws.
This includes, but is not limited to spam, porn, or illegal activities. If you do so you may be warned, temporarily suspended or banned depending on the situation at the discretion of the site administration and/or your local moderators.
- Anything you post, you are responsible for. We may modify it when appropriate.
- Please do not post private information.
- If you are under the age of 13, you will need the consent of an adult to use this website, especially for certain books.
- Polite discussion of authors is permitted.
We ask that you are polite to authors, especially living authors. Please do not direct personal insults at them, their family or selves.
- Critiques of the author's works and thoughtful discussion on their works is permitted. Question what they said instead of who they are.
- Cajoling translators and the team to deliver faster is discouraged, and local super moderators may edit at their discretion. Cheer them, help them out or stay silent and chat about previous installments!
- Privilege Lived experiences.
This means that if you have a friend, a relative, significant other or spouse who has diversity to them, you cannot use to them up another person who has actual lived experience. Believe people from that experience when they say your behavior hurts and try your best to change when it comes to a diversity you do not hold. Be aware of your privileges. Your ego/feelings is not more important than an entire history, culture, ethnicity, or race.
- Individual posts are the opinions and property of the author, not of the administrators, individual moderators, this site, or webmaster.
- Harassment is strictly forbidden within the website and will be subject to being banned.
- Sometimes it will take a while for the site administration to review your case. Please be patient while we do so.
- If you continue to violate the Code of Conduct, please acknowledge you will be banned./li>
- Banning from the website is subject to the site administration, not your local moderators./li>
- Polyglit.com itself will not erase any questions about moderation results in public. We do ask that you bring such comments and questions to appropriate spaces as to not interrupt other commenters. If you do find local moderators erasing questions about moderation results, please report directly to the Super Moderators.
- Harassment of others will not be tolerated and is a violation of the code of conduct.
- If someone asks you to leave them alone or tells you no, you have no obligation to answer again, and you do not approach them again. There is no reason for you to have any further interaction with them.
- Discrimination of any sort is not tolerated and is a violation of the code of conduct.
- Discrimination is not limited to gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family situation, mental health or physical/mental disability.
- If you feel that you have been harassed or discriminated against:
a. Tell the individual that their behavior is inappropriate. Sometimes this is sufficient.
b. If you do not feel comfortable talking with the individuals involved, or if talking to them once does not work, please immediately report the situation to your local moderators (Usually reporting to more than one will help resolve the issue better). If they fail to handle the situation, please report it to site staff.
c. Please include in your claim, the link to their profile, the interaction that went sour, and what you tried to do about it if you had any private interactions. Please give complete private interactions.